Cunninghame Arm Medical Centre operates as a private medical practice. Consultation fees are outlined below. Our standard appointment length is 15 minutes, with longer appointments available on request.
Indigenous patients, patients who hold a Dept of Veterans’ Affairs Gold Card and (in most circumstances) all children will attract Medicare rebate only for normal consultations.
Accounts for work related injuries (Work Cover) or motor vehicle related injuries (Transport Accident Commission, TAC) are the responsibility of the patient.
If you have a current Workcover or TAC claim number, we can forward your account directly to the insurer.
Please note that some procedures or tests performed by your doctor may incur an extra charge in addition to the usual consultation fee. You will be informed of the extra charge when applicable.
Some services provided by the practice do not attract a Medicare rebate. Examples are outlined below. You will be informed of the charge for these services at the time of appointment.
There will be no out of pocket expenses for Immunisation appointments. If the vaccines are not provided as part of the standard immunisation schedule, you may be required to see you doctor first for a prescription to enable you to purchase the vaccine from a pharmacy. This applies particularly to travel immunisations. Yellow Fever vaccines will require special arrangements.
|Consultation Type||Fee:||Medicare Rebate:||Gap Amount:|
|Standard||$75 (Pension $63)||$35.05||$25.95|
|Women's Health Nurse||$30||$0||$30|
|Holter Monitor Fitting||$10||$0||$10|
|Dressings and Supplies||will be charged according to cost; usually $5 or $10|
|Plaster for fractures||$25 - $35|
|Health Assessments||for over 75 years and Chronic Disease Patients|
The Medicare rebate is the amount that is set under legislation by the Australian Government as a contribution to the cost of medical services provided by doctors registered in Australia. Since the beginning of Medicare in 1984, the Medicare rebate has not risen in line with the Consumer Price Index (CPI), and the amount of the rebate to patients is currently frozen until 2020. The Medicare rebate falls significantly short of the actual cost of providing quality medical services.
- General Medical Family Medicine
- On call Service
- Emergency Care
- Women’s Health – advice and screening
- Men’s Health – advice and screening
- Post-Operative Follow Up
- Home Care
- Employment and insurance medicals
- Life Style Consultation and Support with Nurse and GP
- Skin Checks
- Wound Management and Dressings
- Management of Acute and Chronic Illness
- Diabetes Education
- Asthma Education
- Health Assessments for 75 years and over
- 4 year old Health Check
- Grief and Bereavement Counselling
- Shared pregnancy care
- Minor Surgical Procedures
- Palliative Care in conjunction with local home-based health services
- Hospital In The Home Service
- Specialist and Allied Health Referrals
- Cryotherapy (wart removal)
Patients are seen by appointment, except in the case of a medical emergency. There may be some delay with your appointment from time to time and our receptionists will keep you informed as to waiting time.
Hospital in the Home
Your persona Health Information and your Medical Record may be collected, used and discoled for the following reasons:
- For communicating relevant information with other treating doctors, specialist or allied health professionals.
- For Follow up reminder/recall notices
- Accounting/Medicare/Health Insurance procedures
- Quality Assurance activities such as accreditation
- For disease notification as required by law (eg . infectious diseases)
- For use by all doctors in this practice when consulting with you
- For legal related disclosure as required by a court of law (eg subpoena, court order, suspected child abuse)
- For research purposes (de-identified, meaning you are not able to be identified from the information given)